Your request has been submitted!
Atlantic hurricanes can strike between June 1 and November 30. Even if there is no hurricane in the forecast, it’s best to make sure that you and your family are prepared for a hurricane or tropical storm. Learn more about hurricane preparation tips on getting supplies, preparing to evacuate and using a Honda generator if there is a power outage from the hurricane.
Discuss an emergency plan with your family. The plan can include getting extra supplies now, making copies of important documents, preparing for a power outage for 7+ days and preparing for an evacuation. Also include supplies for pets and older relatives who may need your help. The Red Cross has some additional tips on keeping your family safe during and after a hurricane.
Having a travel bag pre-packed with clothing, shoes and essentials for each person in your family, will save time, if you have to evacuate for a hurricane. Pack toiletries, baby wipes, liquid soap, prescriptions, an extra phone charger, flashlight and batteries, a small AM/FM radio, cash, food and beverages. Remember to bring personal documents, including copies of your birth certificates, social security cards, insurance cards, medical records and a will, in a waterproof bag.
Generators provide backup electricity when there is a power outage from a hurricane. The Honda Generator EU2200i can provide power for cell phones, computers, televisions and refrigerators. The Honda Generator EU2200i also has inverter technology which provides clean power for computers. Have extra fuel to keep your Honda generator running for at least three days and a heavy duty power cord that is long enough to access the generator.
Generators belong outside and should never be run in a basement or garage, even if windows or doors are open. There are some safety issues to be aware of when using generators: beware of carbon monoxide and electrocution. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless and kills people every year, while sending others to the emergency room. Always consult your owner’s manual for other safety concerns and more information. If you are not sure which generator you’ll need, Honda has a great tool to help you calculate the wattage you need. Hapco, Inc., 390 Portage Blvd Kent, OH 44240-7283, (330) 678-9353 is here to answer your questions and help with preparing for a hurricane and your generator needs.
Your Honda Power Equipment will work at peak performance using genuine Honda parts for snow blowers, snow throwers, generators, lawn mowers, tillers, trimmers and pumps.
Built For Honda
Genuine Honda parts are designed by Honda for each Honda Power Equipment model. Only genuine Honda parts can maintain the original operating specifications of your Honda and offer a perfect fit and finish every time. When the time comes for you to service, repair or enhance your Honda, don’t settle for an imitation.
Honda’s Best Quality
Genuine Honda parts are manufactured to strict quality standards for an exact fit and precise operation. When you choose Genuine Honda parts, you can count on the highest quality standards imposed by Honda engineers. After-market parts cannot guarantee the same levels of precision or quality. Even the smallest gaps can make a big difference.
Only Genuine Honda parts are supported by Honda nationwide. Each part works in conjunction with other parts to produce top performance. Many non-genuine parts may claim to be reliable, but they are not produced to meet Honda’s engineering and material specifications. Compromise one part and you may unknowingly compromise a whole system.
Don’t Compromise Performance
By choosing Genuine Honda parts, you won’t compromise your unit’s performance and safety. Each Genuine Honda part is precisely designed and rigorously tested by Honda. This process helps ensure that each part will function at its optimum performance level while providing the durability and reliability that you expect from Honda.
Hapco, Inc. Service Department
The service department has expert Honda Technicians who are trained to do maintenance, storage prep and repairs. Honda also has a wide selection of Genuine Honda parts and accessories. Please contact Hapco, Inc. with any questions about Genuine Honda parts or to schedule a service appointment.
Hapco, Inc., 390 Portage Blvd Kent, OH 44240-7283, (330) 678-9353 is here to answer your questions about the Genuine Honda parts for Honda generators, snow blowers, snow throwers, lawn mowers, tillers, trimmers and pumps.
Do you remember how exciting it was to buy your new Honda Marine outboard or Honda Power Equipment? Have you read the Honda’s Owner’s Manual? The Honda Owner's Manual was written for your benefit, so you can get the best results from your Honda.
If you have registered your new Honda, great job! If you still need to register your Honda Marine outboard or Honda Power Equipment, click HERE to register. Some of the newer Honda Owner's Manuals have a QR code that can be scanned to register your Honda.
The safety information is in several forms:
- Safety messages
- Damage prevention messages
The safety information is extremely important because you will or can be killed or seriously hurt if you don't follow the instructions.
The operating procedures provide important information and tips on how to get the most out of your Honda equipment.
When your Honda product needs scheduled maintenance, remember that Honda Marine and Honda Power Equipment servicing dealership personnel are specially trained in servicing Honda Marine outboards and Honda Power Equipment.
Check the Honda Owner's Manual for the serial number location on your Honda equipment. Then write the serial number and the purchase date, in the Honda Owner's Manual. This will save time when referencing the serial number for future maintenance or warranty.
Read the Honda warranty information to fully understand what is covered by the warranty and your responsibilities of ownership.
For questions about your Honda or the Honda Owner’s Manual, contact Hapco, Inc., 390 Portage Blvd Kent, OH 44240-7283, (330) 678-9353.
You’ve been counting down the days for game day. The invitations have been sent and it’s time to plan your tailgate. Kick off the fun with by making the most of your tailgate with these tips for hosting an epic tailgate.
Show your team spirit by decking out your tables with a table cloth, paper plates, cups and napkins with your favorite team. Accent the table with pom poms and team pennants.
Plan your game day menu in advance. If your time is limited, then consider ordering food from local grocery store or restaurant. If you are going to grill the food, clean the grill before game day and make sure that there is plenty of ice for the coolers for the food. Decorate some team inspired cookies, brownies or cupcakes for dessert with sprinkles in the team’s colors. Pack a bottle opener, paper towels, foil, sandwich bags, grilling tools, condiments, hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap. Remember to pack some extra plastic containers for leftover food.
Chill the beverages in a refrigerator, the day before game day. Pack two coolers: one with kid’s beverages and non alcoholic beverages and one with adult beverages. Label each cooler. Pack the cans, bottles and ice in the bottom half of the cooler. Pack the food in airtight containers, with ice and freezer packs, on the top half of the cooler.
Make the game even more fun with some tailgate games that are family friendly. What’s a tailgate without playing cornhole? Make some cornhole bean bags with fabric of your team’s logo and you will have the coolest cornhole at game day. Show off your Frisbee skills in a game of Kanjam. For the guests who like a challenge, Spikeball is a fast paced tailgate game.
A portable generator can take your tailgate to the next level. If you plan on having a plasma TV and an electric grill, you’ll need a portable generator. The Honda EU2200i is a portable generator that is a super quiet, durable and easy to use. This Honda generator is so reliable that we cover it from top to bottom, for three years. Hapco, Inc., Kent, OH, (330) 678-9353 is here to answer your questions and help with your tailgating needs.
When you’re out camping in the RV, you want power. And at Hapco, Inc. we are happy to help you find the right Honda generator for your trip. Equally important, we want to make sure you know how to use that generator safely – and easier – during your time outdoors.
Electricity and water don’t mix, so protect yourself by not running the generator when it’s wet outside. Depending on where you camp and the time of year, it may rain often during your camping trip. It’s best to have a dry place in your campsite to keep your generator at all times. Many RVs have a canopy you can set up, and you can raise the generator off the ground with blocks or other safe material so it stays dry.
However, you may also want to invest in a Honda cover for your generator. These covers are water-resistant and available in several colors and styles. This can help to ensure your generator never gets wet when you’re storing it outdoors. At Hapco, Inc. we carry a wide variety of accessories and can help you find the right cover for your generator.
Remember that running your generator inside the RV is not a safe alternative to having it outside in inclement weather. Generators emit exhaust fumes, like your vehicle, and those fumes contain carbon monoxide. It’s best to invest in weather protection for your generator.
Don’t run your generator the entire time you’re camping. If you’re inside the RV relaxing, you may not want to walk outside to start the power. Honda makes remote start kits that work with most models with electric start and automatic choke. You’ll still need to make sure your generator is set up for safety before you start it, but the instructions included with the remote start kit make it easy to set up, and you’ll thank yourself for the investment when you can start the air conditioning without walking out into the heat.
Honda makes both wired and wireless remote start kits. You’ll want to look at the advantages of each before you purchase. Hapco, Inc. can help you find the right model for your generator.
A campfire is essential when camping. The soft flickering glow…the smell of wood burning…these things just make your camping trip perfect. Unfortunately, a campfire isn’t great for reading or many other activities you might want to do outdoors at night. Consider getting a lighting kit. If you have a EU1000i, EU2000i, or EU2200i generator, the Tele-Lite Kit is perfect. It’s lightweight and the folding halogen light is easy to store. There are other lighting kits available, and one of these may be the perfect solution to seeing the full beauty of the forest on your camping trip.
There are many ways to power your camping trip, whether you take advantage of remote start or get a no-spill fuel can for easy and safe gas storage. No matter what, you’ll love your camping trip even more with the right accessories. Stop by Hapco, Inc. to see all the available options!
Hapco, Inc. is proud to carry Honda Power Equipment products. Why? Because we only want to offer you products that you can trust and believe in. We want you to leave our store as a satisfied customer – and to have a positive experience both in our store and when you return home with your product. With Honda, we can be confident that you will be happy for years to come.
Honda has manufactured over 100 million power products worldwide since 1953. Over these years, they have developed power equipment like generators, lawn mowers, and snow blowers that have transformed the industry with new innovations and technology that rethinks how we use power equipment. In terms of durability, Honda doesn’t skimp. The quality of their manufacturing and parts is top notch. That’s why Honda has over 40 million satisfied power equipment customers in the United States. It’s common for us to see customers with Honda products that are 20 or 30 years old, and still working without problems.
Honda Power Equipment offers more than 70 models in six major product families, including brush power equipment.
You can purchase:
• Generators: from 1,000 watts to 10,000 watts in models designed for residential, recreational, and industrial applications.
• Lawn Mowers: 21-inch push-type and self-propelled models for premium residential and commercial gardening applications. Honda's full line of lawn mowers meets rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
• Pumps: a wide variety of general de-watering, multi-purpose, commercial, and submersible models with discharge capacities from 37 to 433 gallons per minute.
• Snow blowers: wheel drive, track drive, and lightweight models capable of moving from 1500 to 3000 lbs of snow.
• Tillers: mini- mid- and rear-tine models.
• Trimmers: three trimmer models in a variety of trim heads, engine sizes, and handle design choices, as well as the Honda VersAttach® system, a multi-tool system featuring 2 power heads and six attachments.
Contact Hapco, Inc. for your Honda Power Equipment needs.
Generator accessories will ensure that your generator is working properly and easier to move around, outdoors. Remember that the only safe place to have a generator is outdoors, away from doors and windows. These are eight of the most popular generator accessories that you can use, to keep your generator running optimally:
• Optimate 3 Charger – The Honda Optimate 3 Charger will automatically recover, monitor and maintain all types of batteries from 2.5 to 32 amp-hours with its advanced diagnostic program, so your Honda generator is always ready to start when you need it.
• Transfer Switch - *A transfer switch is essential to safely connect a generator to a home. A transfer switch is required by the National Electric Code for any connection of power to a home. A Transfer Switch isolates the generator, allowing a safe connection, so it cannot accidentally electrify external power wires.
• Power Inlet Box - *Inlet boxes are mounted on the outside of a home to avoid running a power cord through a window or door.
• Extension Cord Sets – Extension cord sets ensure proper delivery of electricity from the generator to power outdoor items. If you choose not to install a transfer switch, you would also need extension cord sets to power indoor items, such as a TV or refrigerator.
• Cold Weather Kit – Honda designed cold weather kits that are unique to a specific generator. A small heating coil that fits inside the crankcase breather tube, prevents water from freezing inside the crankcase, due to severely cold weather. If ice forms in the breather tube, it can block the air flow, causing the generator to not work properly and/or leak oil.
• Wheel Kit – Lifting a generator can be quite a challenge. Honda has a 2-wheel kit and a 4-wheel kit with rubber tires that makes moving a generator effortless.
• Generator Cover – Protect the Honda generator from rain, sleet and snow, with a custom-fitted, water resistant generator cover.
• Lockwrap – A lockwrap is a neoprene cover that keeps ice, snow and debris out of combination locks.
*Power inlet boxes and transfer switches must be installed by a qualified electrician and the connection must comply with all applicable laws and electrical codes.
Hapco, Inc., 390 Portage Blvd Kent, OH 44240-7283, (330) 678-9353 is here to answer your questions about generators and generator accessories. We carry a wide variety of accessories in stock and can help you choose the right ones for your needs!
To learn more about operating a generator safely, check out our Generator Safety article.
Customer safety is extremely important to Hapco, Inc. and that’s why we want to encourage discussions about generator safety. All too often, we hear about preventable deaths when generator safety isn’t a high priority, resulting in Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning. In fact about 170 people in the U.S. die every year from CO produced by non-automotive consumer products.
These products include Honda’s engine powered equipment such as generators for the construction and rental industries, backup power during outages, camping equipment and other outdoor events. CO is a deadly, colorless, odorless and can kill within minutes.
Hapco, Inc. wants you to be safe. Many people don’t know the only safe place to have a generator is outdoors, away from doors and windows. In closed areas, even with open doors and windows, these spaces can trap CO and allow it to quickly build to lethal levels. So we need to learn and share how to practice generator safety.
Did you know generators …
· Exhaust contains toxic CO.
· Connected to a building improperly could allow electrical current to feed back into utility lines, creating an electrocution hazard for utility workers.
· Using a generator with wet hands or in wet conditions could result in electrocution.
· Run on gasoline and to avoid explosive situations, don’t refuel while the engine is hot and running and keep flammables away from the generator when it’s running.
· Become very hot during operation and remain hot for a while after the engine stops. Be careful not to touch the muffler while it is hot, and let the engine cool before storing the generator indoors.
CO initial symptoms are similar to the flu (without the fever), shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness. Higher level symptoms of CO poisoning include mental confusion, vomiting, loss of muscular coordination and consciousness and death. If you think you have been exposed to toxic levels of CO, get outside immediately for fresh air, call 911 and tell them you suspect you’ve been exposed to CO poisoning. This winter, Hapco, Inc. wants us all to be safer by telling our family and friends about CO dangers and how we can avoid catastrophes. Consider purchasing CO detectors as gifts for ourselves and loved ones. We definitely want to read our generator manuals and encourage others to read them too and share the information, and take time to review generator labels for more safety specifics.
Hapco, Inc., 390 Portage Blvd Kent, OH 44240-7283, (330) 678-9353 is here to answer your questions and help with your generator needs.
As winter continues to grip a good part of our country and the weather remains unpredictable, you never know when a generator might come in handy. If the area you live in has frequent power outages, buying a generator might be a good investment and relieve some stress.
Many of us don’t think about the need for a generator until we experience a power failure. Then all kinds of issues arise, including the inability to heat or cool our home, spoiled food in the refrigerator and freezer, inoperable medical equipment, charging your cell phone, and more.
• Decide on the size of the generator you need. Keep in mind, many people can use a small generator like the EU2200i to power their fridge, lights, TV, and other critical essentials during outages. If you need to power your well pump, you’ll need to go with a larger model, like the EM5000. Honda has a great tool to help you calculate the wattage you need. https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/wattage-calculator
• Decide if the generator will be used as an emergency backup at home or during outdoor activities. If you are interested in using it for more than just emergency back up, consider an EU series generator, which is very versatile and perfect for recreational activities as well as home power.
A couple of safety issues to be aware of when using generators are carbon monoxide and electrocution. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless and kills people every year, while sending others to the emergency room. Generators belong outside and should never be run in a basement or garage, even if windows or doors are open. Always consult your owner’s manual for other safety concerns and more information.